the Carnival of the Horses
Welcome to to the Carnival of the Horses! A blog carnival is a monthly collection of really good blog posts on all things horsey. This is cause for celebration, don’t you think?
Blog carnivals are a great way for bloggers to recognize each other’s efforts, organize blog posts around important topics, and improve the overall level of conversation in the blogosphere. Carnivals come in edited “editions”, just like magazines or journals. The fact that carnivals are edited (and usually annotated) collections of links lets them serve as “magazines” within the blogosphere, and carnival hosts can earn their readership by providing high quality collections.
Since blog carnivals include lots of posts on specific topics, they also serve as a place to connect with those who are expert (or at least highly opinionated!) and those who are interested in that field.
Want to check out past carnivals? Past posts and future hosts can be found on the
blog carnival index page.
Are you a horse blogger? Joining the community of contributors is a great way to get more readers to your blog, share information, and make new friends.
It’s easy! Here’s how:
• Choose a blog article to share, and note its Permalink URL.
• Go to the blog carnival submission page and fill in the form.
• Make your submission by 9:00 p.m. EST on the last day of the month before the day of publication, which is always the first of the month.
Are you planning on hosting the Carnival of the Horses? If you are already scheduled, you need only do two things:
• publicize the upcoming Carnival in your blog in the weeks beforehand, and
• on the day of the Carnival, paste the handy code send to you right into your editor and publish it.
Be sure to check out the Carnival the following day, and read all the interesting posts you find there.
If you are interested in hosting, please contact me. I’d be delighted to hear from you.
I look forward to your participation.
© 2009 enlightened horsemanship through touch and Kim Cox Carneal
If you like what you have been reading, please subscribe to the RSS Feed, and visit Bloggers Choice Awards to vote for Enlightened Horsemanship Through Touch.